Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1/ 2 a cooked free range chicken, meat removed from the bone (to save money see if we have a colded cooked one)
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock (we have fresh in the shop)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 310g can creamed corn
- 1 tbs cornflour dissolved in 2tbs water
- 1 stalk of spring onion, sliced
- Crusty buttery bread to serve
- Place the stock in a large pan with 2 cups (500ml) water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken into small pieces. Add to the soup along with the creamed corn and return to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and slowly add the cornflour stirring continuosly until thickened. (You may need to add a little extra water if the soup becomes too thick)
- Whilst still on a very low heat, stir in the lightly beaten egg and remove from heat. Add the spring onion. Season to taste with a little sea salt and plenty of black pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls and add a dash of soy sauce over the hot soup serve with the crusty bread.