- 280g butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 can beer
- 1 whole bannockburn free-range chicken
Preparation: 30 min › Cook: 3 hours › Ready in: 3 hours 30 min
- Preheat barbecue for low heat.
- In a small frying pan, melt 1/2 the butter. Mix in 1 tablespoon garlic salt, 1 tablespoon paprika, salt and pepper.
- Discard 1/2 the beer, leaving the remainder in the can. Add remaining butter, garlic salt, paprika and desired amount of salt and pepper to beer can. Place can on a disposable baking tray. Set chicken on beer can, inserting can into the cavity of the chicken. Baste chicken with the melted, seasoned butter.
- Place baking tray with beer and chicken on the prepared barbecue. Cook over low heat for about 3 hours, or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 80 degrees C.
(Can be served with salad or roast veggies)
(All recipes.com.au, 2015)