Who doesn’t love one-pan dinners? Today we bring you a family favourite from Cooking for Busy Mums.
1/2 Jar Basil Pesto
500gm Chicken Thighs
1 400gm Jar Pasta Sauce
1 Zucchini, sliced thinly long ways
1 Cup Tasty or Mozzarella Cheese, grated
Serve with pasta or cheese raviolli
LET’S PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
1. Turn the oven on to 180 degree celicus. Take a baking dish that has a lid. If you don’t have one with a lid, aluminium foil can be used to cover the dish.
2. Place the chicken thighs and pesto into the baking dish and rub the pesto into the chicken. Lay the chicken out flat once coated.
3. Place zucchini strips on top of the pesto chicken.
4. Pour over the pasta sauce and sprinkle on the cheese. Cover and place in the oven for 35 minutes.
5. Check that the chicken is cooked by making sure it is firm when pushed with your finger. If it is still soft return for a further 5-10 minutes.
6. Serve with pasta or cheese raviolli.
(Cooking for Busy Mums, 2015)