- 2 cups plain flour
- pinch salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg yolk, extra
- ¼ cup water, extra
- 125 g chicken mince
- 75 g ricotta or cottage cheese
- 60 g chicken livers, trimmed and chopped
- 30 g prosciutto, chopped
- 1 slice salami, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon mixed spice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 × 425 g cans tomatoes, crushed
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- ½ teaspoon mixed dried herbs
- salt and pepper
- herb sprigs, optional
1. To make Pasta: Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl; make a well in centre. Whisk together the eggs, oil and water; add gradually to the flour and combine until the mixture forms a ball. Knead on a floured surface for 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Transfer to an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 30 minutes.
2. To make Filling: Place the chicken mince, ricotta or cottage cheese, livers, prosciutto, salami, Parmesan, egg, parsley, garlic, mixed spice and salt and pepper in a food processor. Process until finely chopped.
3. To make Sauce: Heat the oil in a pan. Add the onion and garlic and stir over low heat until the onion is tender. Increase the heat, add undrained tomatoes, basil, herbs and salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes; remove from the heat.
4. Roll out half the pasta dough until 1 mm (½5 inch) thick. Cut with a knife or fluted pastry wheel into 10 cm (4 inch) strips. Place teaspoons of filling at 5 cm (2 inch) intervals down one side of each strip. Whisk the extra egg yolk and water; brush along one side of the dough and between the filling. Fold the dough over the filling to meet the other side. Repeat with remaining filling and dough. Press edges of dough together firmly to seal. Cut between the mounds with a knife or a fluted pastry wheel. Cook in batches in a large pan of rapidly boiling water for 10 minutes. Reheat Sauce in a large pan. Add ravioli and stir until heated through. Garnish and serve.
(Good Food Australia, 2013)