WITH TOMATOES, PANCETTA AND CRUNCHY CROUTONS
- 1.2 kg chicken
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 1 loaf ciabatta , torn into chunks
- 12 slices higher-welfare pancetta
- 50 g wild rocket
- 1 bunch fresh mint , leaves picked
- 145 g semi-dried tomatoes in olive oil , drained and halved
- balsamic vinegar
- good-quality extra virgin olive oil
Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then rub with a little olive oil. Place in a roasting tray and roast for 1½ hours or until cooked, adding the bread after 30 minutes. Remove from the oven.
Once your chicken has cooled slightly, tear the meat into long pieces with your hands or a couple of forks, and set aside.
Fry the pancetta slices in a little oil until crispy. Toss the chicken with the croutons, rocket, mint, tomatoes and pancetta. Season well, dress with a little balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil and serve with a glass of crisp white wine.
(Jamie Oliver, 2013)