It’s time to get your Masterchef on!
Sweet corn Puree:
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- To make the sweet corn puree, place butter in a saucepan and set over medium heat to melt. Add shallot and garlic and cook until translucent. Cut corn from cobs and add to saucepan. Fry for 5 minutes, add stock and miso paste and cook until tender. Transfer to a blender and process until smooth. Pass through a sieve and set aside, keeping warm.
- To prepare the quail, remove legs, preserving breasts on the crown. Remove the wings at the joint. Place grapeseed oil in a frypan and set over high heat. Season legs and breasts with coriander seeds, salt, and pepper and fry breasts in frypan until well coloured, about 3 minutes on each breast. Add legs and cook for 1 minute until golden. Transfer frypan to the oven and cook for 4 minutes, until legs are cooked through. Remove legs and set aside. Return pan to oven to cook breasts for a further 3-4 minutes until cooked through. Remove from oven, remove from pan and set aside, covered, to rest.
- Return quail frypan to high heat. Add corn cob and cook until golden on all sides. Remove corn cob from pan and cut kernels off. Set kernels aside.
- To make the blackberry vinegar, add blackberries to the frypan and toss to coat in quail cooking oil. Add red wine vinegar and sugar and toss until sugar has dissolved.
- To serve, place some corn puree on the serving plates. Carve quail breasts from the crown and add to the plates, with the legs. Add corn kernels and drizzle with blackberry vinaigrette.
Click on the shop now button to be taken to our website, where you can order all your poultry and gamemeat needs ONLINE, you can also have them delivered! Who didn’t say shopping can’t be easy and convenient?