- 4 skinless chicken thighs (600g) NB: Ask us to slice them for you when u buy them
- 30g butter
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 can apricot halves (400g), drained
- 1 tablespoon chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger (ground is ok too)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat and brown the chicken thighs on both sides, 5 to 8 minutes per side. Remove the chicken thighs and set aside. In the hot pan, cook and stir the onions until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the apricot halves, chilli sauce, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and black pepper into a blender or use a hand held bar mix, and pulse several times to puree. Pour the mixture into the skillet with the onions, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer the sauce until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Return the chicken thighs to the sauce, and spoon sauce over the chicken. Simmer until the chicken is tender and no longer pink inside, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve chicken on a bed of steamed rice and topped with sauce.