- 1 pound boneless chicken breast or thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 carrots coarsely chopped
- 2 celery stalks coarsely chopped
- 10 ounces fresh mushrooms finely chopped (I used the food processor)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 potatoes cut up
- 1 fresh thyme sprig
- 3 leaves fresh sage
- 1 small fresh rosemary sprig
- 1 1/2 cups Roasted Garlic Tomato Sauce or plain tomato sauce
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
Season chicken with paprika, salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet.
Place chicken in pan and brown on both sides. Remove to slow cooker.
Add onion, carrots, celery, and mushrooms to pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Saute until vegetables are fragrant and any liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Scoop into slow cooker.
Add potatoes, herbs, Roasted Garlic Tomato Sauce, and chicken broth to slow cooker and toss everything gently.
Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.