- 700 grams of chicken mince
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded and the liquid squeezed out (250 grams)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (60 grams)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups marinara sauce, divided
In a large mixing bowl, mix together chicken, shredded zucchini, onion, coconut flour, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper until well combined. Using a tablespoon as a scoop, form into 1-1 1/2 inch-sized balls.
Pour 1/2 cup of the pasta sauce on the bottom of your slow cooker. Place meatballs on top. You will probably have to stack them on top of each other, which is fine. Pour the remaining sauce (1 1/2 cups) on top.
Set slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Once done, carefully remove (some might be a little stuck to each other since they are stacked on top) and serve with zucchini noodles or pasta.
Source: Eat the Gains, 2017