SERVES: 2 / PREP TIME: 10 mins / COOKING TIME: 20 mins
Duck is always a crowd pleaser! We promise this recipe will be sure to please all, everyone will be raving on about how “QUACKING” good your cooking is.
- 2 duck breasts
- 1 tbsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 30g butter
- 350g rhubarb, chopped
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 1-2 star anise
- Cut a diamond pattern in the duck skin and rub over the five-spice powder. Heat a frying pan until warm and add the duck breasts, skin-side down.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes over a medium heat until the fat starts to run out of the skin of the duck. Turn the duck breasts over and cook for a further 3-5 minutes, depending on how well you like duck cooked. Remove from the pan and leave it to rest for about 5 minutes while cooking the rhubarb.
- Melt the butter in the pan and add the rhubarb and cook for about 1 minute, then add the vinegar, sugar and star anise and bring to a simmer until the rhubarb is just tender. Season to taste.
- Slice the duck breasts and serve straight away with the rhubarb sauce.