- 500 g chicken mince.
- 1/2 cup coriander, finely chopped.
- 1/2 cup mint, finely chopped.
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground.
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika.
- 1 long red chilli, finely diced.
- 1 garlic clove, minced.
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free breadcrumbs.
- 1 egg.
- sea salt.
- freshly ground black pepper.
- coconut oil, for frying.
- 1. Start by making the chicken patties. In a large bowl, combine the mince, herbs, spices, chilli, garlic and breadcrumbs with the egg to bind them. Mix until well combined and you can see the herbs have been distributed evenly, then season well with salt and pepper.
2. Divide this meat mixture into 4 patties, using slightly damp hands as the mixture is wet and sticky. Make each patty about the size of your palm, then press to flatten them a little, put them on a plate and pop them in the fridge for at least 20 minutes to chill and firm up.
3. When it is time to cook your burgers, heat a little coconut oil in a large frying pan or grill plate over a medium heat. Fry the burgers for about 4–5 minutes on each side, making sure you cook them all the way through and end up with a nice golden, crispy texture on the outside.
(I Quit Sugar.com, 2014)